Monday, May 17, 2010

Jesus Is My Life’s Gardener

By Luann Albanese

I used to feel intimidated about tending to plants and flowers, but a friend of mine gave me all sorts of information and websites to read on plants and flowers.

Last year I planted several perennials and was unsure of what would become of them after I cut them back and pruned them.  Well, to my surprise, they came back bigger and more beautiful than the year before. Watching them slowly peeking through the soil these past couple of month has been a joy for me.  I will love and nurture them with water and fresh soil, removing weeds to give them room to breathe and grow.  This made me think of us humans and Jesus being our gardener. When we are feeling lost, sad or dead inside, Jesus comes to us, as imperfect as we are, and nurtures us with his Love and Grace and we are alive again through Him.Tags:

No comments: